Top five restaurants near Emory University Atlanta
Emory University features a huge campus that is comprised of several different areas around the main campus in Atlanta. The campus also houses Emory University Hospital and Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, which makes the area popular for students, visitors, patient families, and professionals. Because of the diverse area in which Emory is located, there are equally diverse dining options around the area.
1. Legiverny BistroLocated in the Emory Inn at the Emory University Conference Center on the Emory campus, Legiverny offers traditional French cuisine and a wonderful fine dining experience. Having been Zagat rated for 15 years, Legiverny offers an excellent look into French culture through their delicious lunch and dinner menus. The atmosphere at Legiverny is quaint and charming, with French décor and warm, inviting colors.
At Legiverny you will enjoy classic dishes featuring fresh meat and seafood, risotto and fresh vegetables, and wonderful French sauces. No matter what French classic your taste buds are craving, you will find a wonderfully satisfying meal and experience at Legiverny.
You can visit Legiverny at the Emory Inn at 1641 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30329-4017. http://www.legiverny.com/index.html.
2. Capozzi’s DecaturCapozzi's is located minutes away from Emory University. Featuring a classic Italian menu, Capozzi's offers elegance and comfort along with their award winning cuisine. At Capozzi's you can enjoy classic favorites like Spaghetti, Manicotti, Lasagna, and more; or try a new Italian flavor like Shrimp Parmigiana, chicken or veal Saltimbocca, or chicken or veal Franchese. Capozzi's also offers an abundance of salad and bread choices, and a tasty dessert menu. For those of you staying in the Emory University area, delivery is also available within three miles of Capozzi's.
Capozzi's is located at 1355 Clairmont Road, Decatur, GA 30033.http://capozzisdecatur.com/index.html.
3. Mediterranean GrillThe Mediterranean Grill located near Emory University is an interesting experience. Fashioned in classic, comfortable diner style with counter service only and basic booths and tables, you wouldn't expect the excellent, high quality food that is served here. Mediterranean Grill features classic Middle Eastern cuisine including hummus, gyro wraps, falafel, as well as various pita wraps, salads, soups, desserts, and more. The menu also features a full entrée list offering various kabob plates, seafood, chicken, lamb, and veggie plates.
Because the Mediterranean Grill is located in the heart of the hustle and bustle of that part of Atlanta, they offer "Business Lunch Combos" during the work week. You will not be disappointed in the quality and authenticity at the Mediterranean Grill.
Located at 2126 N Decatur Road (at Clairmont Road), Decatur, GA 30033. http://www.mediterraneangrill.com/.
4. Thaicoon & Sushi BarLocated near Emory University, Thaicoon is a wonderful Asian and sushi restaurant featuring Japanese and Thai menus, as well as sushi offerings. No matter what your craving, Thaicoon has something for you! You can enjoy classic teriyaki favorites, classic pad Thai and curry favorites, an impression Thai "Chef's Selection", a wide variety of sushi choices, appetizers, soups and salads, and more. Thaicoon is very popular with Emory students, and if you do not feel like venturing out to dinner, you can have Thaicoon delivered within three miles of Emory during certain days. You can also enjoy $1 sushi Monday and Tuesdays from 5-10pm.
Thaicoon is located at 1799 Briarcliff Road, Atlanta, GA 30306-2142. http://www.thaicoonsushiatlanta.com/index.html.
5. Athens PizzaFamily owned since 1966, Athens Pizza is a well known pizza place in the Atlanta area. The passion and character of the founders of Athens Pizza is evident in the food that they create; to them, Pizza is more than junk food. Because the location is near Emory University, Athens is popular with students, but also with families and residents of Atlanta.
You can enjoy classic Italian and Mediterranean flavors including salads, pasta, various authentic entrees including Lamb, Mousaka and Pastitsio, pita wraps, and of course, pizza and calzones. You can enjoy pizza's of all shapes and sizes, topped to your taste buds and cooked to perfection. You also must try the dessert menu featuring classics like Baklava, Kataifi, cheesecake, and more. For your enjoyment, there are also a kids menu, lunch specials, and nightly specials available. At Athens you will be treated like family, and offered only the best in quality and service.
Athens is located at 1341 Clairmont Road, Decatur, GA 30033. http://www.athenspizzaatlanta.com/index.html.
This article is written by Roy Wilson who love to blog about atlanta restaurant scene and fun things to do in atlanta